If you choose to give Voyent Alert! permission, you can receive emergency alerts on your device when Do Not Disturb Mode is turned on. This will give permission for all alerts and notifications to be sent to your device at any time. We recommend turning this feature on to ensure you get critical alerts in the evening.
If you receive alerts through a iOS or Apple Mobile App:
- Go to Settings and select the Voyent Alert! App.
- Select Notifications. The wording may differ depending on your device.
- Turn ‘Allow Critical Alerts’ on. This will allow critical alerts to send a notification and play a sound when your phone is muted or Do Not Disturb is turned on.
If you receive alerts through an Android Mobile App:
- Go to Settings and search for ‘Do not Disturb permission’ or ‘special access’ (this may vary depending on your device).
- Turn Voyent Alert to on.
- Please note, certain devices may require alternative steps. Please view our FAQ for using DND with specific Android Devices.
If you receive your alerts via SMS/Text Messaging:
- Add Voyent Alert! as a Contact in your phone. Voyent Alert! messages will always be sent from the same number, so you go to the most recent Voyent Alert! notification and add a new contact.
- Add Voyent Alert! as an allowed caller. The process for determining allowed callers will change depending on the phone you use. For iOS Apple devices you will need to add the Voyent Alert! contact to your favourites.