The Town of Slave Lake's Volunteer Income Tax Clinic is back again for another year, beginning on March 8th.
The clinic will run from March 8th and April 30th from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM in the Lobby of the Town Office. It will only be available every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Volunteer Income Tax Clinic is by appointment only. To book an appointment now, call 780-849-8031.
Please bring along a copy of last years tax return. Also a quick reminder to please wear a mask and practice social distancing and only come in you are feeling well.
- Seniors over 65+.
- Families with Low to Moderate Income Levels, listed below.
- Anyone with a T4E slip (Unemployed do to layoff).
- Person with disability benefits.
Family Size Total Family Income, if a family income happens to be little above these thresholds, and can’t afford the price of getting their taxes done please contact us.
1 person $40,000
2 persons $55,000
3 persons $55,500
4 persons $60,000
5 persons $60,500
For each additional person in the family, add $2,500 to the total family income. Family size includes an individual, or a couple, and their dependants.
Returns not prepared by the CVITP:
- Volunteers should not complete returns for individuals who:
- Are self-employed or have employment expenses
- Have business income and expenses (unless income is in box 048 on a T4A slip and less than $1,000 with no related expenses)
- Have rental income and expenses
- Have interest income over $1,000
- Have capital gains or losses
- File for bankruptcy within that tax year
- Are deceased