On February 06th, 2021, the Alberta Government announced changes to the COVID-19 restrictions pertaining to youth sport. Town staff have solicited input form our user groups, as well as Alberta Health & Alberta Recreation and Parks Assoc. to develop our relaunch plan. This plan is based on the restrictions in place by the Alberta Government.
Multi Rec Centre to relaunch at limited capacity within Step 1 of the Government of Alberta's Path Forward February 22nd. The hours of operation will initially be Monday – Friday, based on booked times (primarily afternoon and evenings only).
All Alberta Government restrictions will be in place. To meet these restrictions, the following applies to the MRC:
- Users can access the facility by appointment/booking ONLY.
- Doors will be locked, and staff will meet customers at the entrance at designated times.
- Usage is ONLY for curriculum based school activities, youth sport for ages 18 & under, and 1 to 1 personal training (with certified personal trainer/coach).
- 3 metres distancing is mandatory between all participants at all times. Only exception is for coaches/trainers to enter the space for brief periods for correction only.
- Face masks are required at all times, except when performing high intensity activities.
- For youth sport groups, max. of 10 people are permitted in each area, including coaches & trainers.
- Youth sport groups must be part of an organization or team. Individuals cannot book times for a youth group activity nor is drop-in youth activity permitted (for example, an adult cannot rent an arena and take nine youth skating).
- School groups must follow school guidelines issued by the Alberta Government.
- For anyone wanting to use the space for 1 to 1 training, the trainer/coach must provide credentials prior to the space being booked.
- Rentals to an individual/household MAY be considered depending on availability, after Mar 01st. This includes the arenas, fieldhouse and walking track.
- Dressing rooms will NOT be available. Come dressed and ready for the activity.
- No spectators will be permitted.
- Chaperones are permitted for safety needs (this will be addressed with each user group).
Staff will be in the MRC office starting on February 18th, for telephone and email enquiries.
Susan’s Kitchen will continue to provide curbside service and delivery options.
The Northern Lights Aquatic Centre remains closed as capital projects remain underway in that facility.
For media enquiries contact:
Director of Community Services