- Community Services
- Community Programs
Summer Splash 2023 Registration
School's close to being out for the summer! Do you have a child(ren) ages 6-11 looking for some summer fun? Sign them up for Summer Splash, where our counsellors are creating a summer full of games, activities, crafts and adventures!
Summer Splash registration opens on May 17, at the MRC. Camp is running from July 3 - August 25 (closed August 7) from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM at the MRC. Some additional Registration Information:
- We can guarantee 40 spots per week and will open a waiting list if full.
- A deposit of $140/child is required at the time of registration. Payment arrangements must be made by June 9, 2023. If payment arrangements are not made by June 9, 2023 your child(ren) will be withdrawn. The following payment options are available:
- Payment made in full by June 9, 2023
- Post-dated cheques made payable for the Monday of each week your child(ren) attends.
- If camp costs are a barrier to your child attending camp, please contact the Program Coordinator at 780-849-8023
- Please provide your email address at the time of registration, this allows us to email you receipts, schedules, forms and other info about Summer Splash.
- Please sign up for only the weeks/days you need.
- Medical Forms and Camp Schedules will be sent out the week prior to camp.
- In order to receive a refund, requests must be submitted at least 4 days prior to your camps start date.
- Requests submitted less than 4 days prior to camp may be required to pay for a full week of camp.
- A $15 administration fee per child will be charged for withdrawal.
- Withdrawals with a doctor's note will be assessed on a case by case basis.
To register, please fill out and submit the Registration Form OR print off the Registration Form and bring it to the MRC.
Be sure to check out the Community Calendar for current programs and events.
To register for a Community Services course or programs, please complete and submit our easy-to-use Online Program Registration Application. The application is also available for download in PDF Format (PDF).
Community Service offers a variety of programs and events. We are currently limited due to COVID-19 restriction, to see our current program offerings please check out our program list.
Leisure Economic Assistance Program (LEAP)
LEAP provides access to Town of Slave Lake facilities to families in financial need that are residents of the Town of Slave Lake. Eligible LEAP cardholders are entitled to a 50% course fee discount (to a maximum of $40 per course) for 4 Town of Slave Lake courses per year. In addition, participants will receive a 12-month Multi-Facility Pass.
Seniors Walking Track Initiative
Businesses and Community Groups can currently sponsor the Seniors Winter Walking Initiative. This initiative is to provide Seniors, 60+ years, in Slave Lake and the surrounding area, a safe environment to walk in during the winter months.
For a fee of $700 you can sponsor a month of free walking for seniors, in return you will receive recognition on our community digital signs, on the Town of Slave Lake website and Town social media pages, in the Lakeside Leader and around the Multi Rec Centre.
If you are interested in discussing this sponsorship opportunity please contact us at 780-849-8028