In an effort to prepare for, and prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Town of Slave Lake is following the direction of Alberta Health Services (AHS) and Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
AHS remains the trusted authority on COVID-19 and residents are encouraged to review official AHS information and follow their social media outlets.
Visit Alberta.ca/covid19 for up-to-date, accurate information.
Visit the Town of Slave Lake COVID-19 Updates for up-to-date information
Virtual Community Town Hall
All residents were invited and were encouraged to take part in the upcoming virtual community townhall. Mayor Tyler Warman provided an update on the Town’s response to COVID-19 and answered questions.
Video Can Be Found Here: March 25th Town Hall
The Town Office
- The Town office will be open every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM and closed over the lunch hour from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- The Town Office is closed to the public Tuesdays and Thursday each week
- The Multi-Rec Centre is scheduled to reopen on July 13th with restrictions. Click the link for more details
Northern Lights Aquatic Centre
- Northern Lights Aquatic Centre is closed to the public until further notice
Lesser Slave Regional Fire Hall
- The Lesser Slave Regional Fire Hall has been closed to the Public.
Rotary Club of Slave Lake Public Library
- The Rotary Club of Slave Lake Public Library will be closed until further notice.
- The Legacy Centre will be closed to the public until further notice.
During these closures, staff will be working from home or in alternative working arrangements to ensure the essential services that keep community members safe and the town running continue.
As the situation evolves, some services may be adjusted in order to manage resources effectively.
To speak with a staff member, contact the facilites at the numbers below:
- Town Office - 780-849-8000
- Multi-Rec Centre - 780-849-8028
- Northern Lights Aquatic Centre - 780-849-8639
- Legacy Centre - 780-849-8028
- Lesser Slave Regional Fire Hall #1 - 780-849-4110