Resources that can help

There are a number of people and organizations that can help you if you are concerned, or need help with your home drainage system. 

The Town of Slave Lake 

Planning & Development Services: 780-849-8004 

Operations Department: 780-849-4107 

Plumbers & Landscapers 

If you would like professional help correcting a drainage problem, look to professional plumbers and landscapers for help. Lists of plumbers or landscapers can be found online or by contacting the Better Business Bureau of Central and Northern Alberta at 780-482-2341. 

The Better Business Bureau can provide company reports 24 hours a day. Regardless of whom you contact, it’s a good idea to get three estimates and references before choosing a contractor. 

Alberta Health Services 

Contact: 780-849-5101

Leaky or flooded basements may become a health risk if clean-up is not done quickly and correctly. This environmental health services unit can provide information and advice in response to inquiries about potential health risks.